If you’re contemplating switching professions, and are searching for a fantastic and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Arkansas City, KS. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a relatively swift certification program, you could change careers fairly quickly.
What should you look for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Arkansas City, KS?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you look for a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to know everything from how to make a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certificate program. This will enable you to grasp the essentials of the job, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nonetheless, keep in mind that not all employers require you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assistant program in Arkansas City, KS will offer an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This presents a few advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, and not just something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical knowledge in your chosen profession. It can be one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, however it is a totally different thing to actually help x-ray an actual patient! Finally, having real world experience makes you far more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is what you wish to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Arkansas City, KS
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
Hardly any occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to understand about the most recent dental procedures and to have finished your training with high grades. Approximately 75 per cent of men and women in the US are affected by some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this profession, you must have the ability to know how to manage patients who are frightened of tooth and gum procedures, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to master these skills is through hands-on instruction in the classroom, and getting confident enough with the experience to soothe worried patients.
As with almost every occupation, you are part of a team. It is very important to learn how to interact with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program that enables you to learn in a team situation will benefit you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully diverse field, and the type of work may differ significantly from one office to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a small town is quite different from being a dental assistant at a big, corporate dental clinic in a big city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. In case you are considering a specific career path, make sure that the you finally choose offers it, or is able to help you obtain a position in your planned concentration after you complete your training.
Although it is not necessary in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies one to carry out more advanced work. This naturally makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some useful information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Arkansas City, KS shown and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013