If you’re thinking of changing professions, and are seeking a challenging and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Avoca, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a pretty quick certification program, you will be able to change occupations fairly quickly.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Avoca, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure to search for a program that offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to have knowledge of everything from how to create an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to have an understanding of the essentials of the job, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. However, understand that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assistant program in Avoca, PA should offer you a chance to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or laboratory training. This provides a number of advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, and not just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical education in your chosen profession. It is one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but a completely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual patient! Finally, possessing real world experience makes you way more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is what you wish to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Avoca, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
Virtually no job is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to understand about the modern dental procedures and to have completed your training with perfect grades. Nearly 75 per cent of all men and women in the United States suffer from some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you will need the ability to be able to manage patients who might be terrified of tooth and gum procedures, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is through hands-on instruction in the classroom, and getting confident enough with the practical knowledge to calm fearful patients.
As with virtually any profession, you will be a part of a team. You will need to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program which enables you to work in a team setting can help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very extensive field, and the nature of the tasks will vary considerably from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a remote area could be very different from being an employee of a large, corporate dental clinic in a major city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you happen to be interested in a specific career path, make sure the school you finally choose offers it, or is going to enable you to obtain a position in your preferred concentration after you complete your training.
Although it is unnecessary in most States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies you to carry out more advanced work. This obviously makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some useful information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Avoca, PA listed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013