If you’re contemplating changing careers, and are looking for a fantastic and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded financially, maybe you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Bath, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a comparatively quick certification program, you could change professions in a short time.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Bath, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you look for a program which provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to know everything from how to create a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you ought to not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certificate program. This should enable you to have an understanding of the essentials of the job, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Having said that, remember not all employers that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assisting school in Bath, PA should provide the opportunity to experience what the work is really like, by way of internships, externships or clinical training. This provides several benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, and not just something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical experience in your chosen profession. It is one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, however it is a totally different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Thirdly, possessing real life experience enables you to be far more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it really is what you wish to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Bath, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
No job is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of all about the modern dental procedures and to have completed your training with top grades. Up to 75 per cent of all men and women in the US have some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this profession, you will need the skills to know how to manage people who may be fearful of tooth and periodontal treatments, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is via hands-on training in the classroom, and getting comfortable enough with the practical experience to calm fearful patients.
As in almost every profession, you will be part of an office team. You will need to learn how to work with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program which enables you to learn in a team setting can help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really wide ranging field, and the nature of the work ranges considerably from one office to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a rural area is very different from being an employee of a major, corporate dentist clinic in a large city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. In case you are interested in a specific career path, make certain that the you finally choose offers it, or is prepared to enable you to secure a position in your desired concentration once you graduate.
Although it is not required in many States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables one to carry out more advanced work. This obviously makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some useful information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Bath, PA displayed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013