If perhaps you’re thinking of changing careers, and are in search of a fascinating and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Battlefield, MO. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a comparatively quick certification program, it is possible to change careers very quickly.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Battlefield, MO?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure to try to find a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to be familiar with everything from how to mix a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certificate program. This should allow you to have an understanding of the basics of the occupation, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. However, bear in mind that not all employers that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting program in Battlefield, MO should provide a chance to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This offers many advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, instead of just something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical education in your chosen occupation. It can be one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, but an entirely different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, having real life experience makes you substantially more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is really what you want to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Battlefield, MO
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer our degree and certificate programs in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support.
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Virtually no occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the latest dental procedures and to have finished your training with perfect grades. Up to 75 percent of adults in the United States are affected by some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this industry, you must have the ability to be able to manage individuals who might be frightened of tooth and periodontal procedures, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is with hands-on teaching in the classroom, and being confident enough with the practical experience to relax worried patients.
As with nearly every career, you are going to be part of an office team. You need to learn how to interact with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program that helps you to work in a team setting will benefit you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very diverse field, and the type of work will vary tremendously from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a small town is very different from being a part of a large, corporate dental office in a big city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. Should you be considering a specific career path, make sure that the school you ultimately choose offers it, or is going to help you secure a position in your planned concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is not necessary in many States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies you to perform more complex work. This naturally makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some valuable information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Battlefield, MO shown and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013