If perhaps you’re contemplating changing careers, and are searching for an exciting and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded financially, perhaps you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Bedford, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a pretty swift certification program, you can change professions very quickly.
What should you look for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Bedford, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure that you search for a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to know everything from how to make a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to have an understanding of the essentials of the occupation, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nevertheless, keep in mind that not all employers require you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assistant school in Bedford, PA must offer you an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or laboratory training. This provides multiple benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, instead of just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical experience in your chosen profession. It is one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but it is an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray a real person! Thirdly, having real world experience makes you way more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is really what you wish to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Bedford, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
No occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to understand about the latest dental procedures and to have finished school with good grades. Nearly 75 per cent of adults in the United States suffer from some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you should have the skills to understand how to deal with people who are fearful of tooth and periodontal treatments, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is with hands-on instructing in the classroom, and getting secure enough with the practical experience to soothe worried patients.
As in almost every occupation, you will be a part of an office team. It is important to learn how to interact with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program which enables you to learn in a team environment can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really wide ranging field, and the nature of the work differs considerably from one office to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a rural area is very different from being part of a large, corporate dentist office in a big city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you happen to be thinking about a specific career path, make sure the you select offers it, or is prepared to help you secure a position in your planned concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is not required in many States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies you to do more complex jobs. This obviously makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some useful information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Bedford, PA displayed and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013