If perhaps you’re contemplating changing professions, and are trying to find a fantastic and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded monetarily, you probably need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Bellwood, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a somewhat fast certification program, you can change careers fairly quickly.
What should you look for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Bellwood, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure to search for a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to know everything from how to create a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to understand the fundamentals of the occupation, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nonetheless, remember that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assistant school in Bellwood, PA will provide a chance to experience what the work is really like, via internships, externships or clinical training. This provides several benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, as opposed to something you want to study. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical experience in your chosen career. It can be one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, but a completely different thing to actually x-ray a real person! Thirdly, possessing real life experience enables you to be far more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is really what you want to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Bellwood, PA
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Start your future now!
With their convenient location right outside of Reading, PA, and a multitude of courses and programs, Berks Technical Institute provides training that results in Associate in Specialized Technology degrees, Associate in Specialized Business degrees, Certificates of Completion and diplomas in growing fields. Berks Technical Institute makes it easy to find the right career fit for you.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
A new career is closer than you think!
McCann School of Business & Technology has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Their faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to pursue your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
No job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to know all about the modern dental procedures and to have completed school with high grades. Up to 75 per cent of adults in the US suffer from some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you must have the ability to be able to manage people who are terrified of tooth and gum treatments, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to master these skills is via hands-on instructing in the classroom, and being confident enough with the knowledge to relax fearful patients.
As with virtually any career, you are a part of an office team. It is very important to learn how to communicate with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program which enables you to learn in a team situation will benefit you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very extensive field, and the variety of tasks differs drastically from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a small town is quite different from being a dental assistant at a big, corporate dental office in a big city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you happen to be thinking about a specific career path, make sure that the school you finally choose offers it, or is able to assist you to obtain a job in your planned concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is not required in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies you to do more advanced tasks. This certainly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some handy information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Bellwood, PA shown and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013