If perhaps you’re contemplating switching occupations, and are looking for an excellent and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, you probably should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Bentleyville, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a rather fast certification program, you will be able to change professions very quickly.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Bentleyville, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Be sure to try to find a program that offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to be familiar with everything from how to mix a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certificate program. This will enable you to grasp the basics of the job, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nevertheless, bear in mind that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant program in Bentleyville, PA must offer a chance to experience what the work is really like, by way of internships, externships or laboratory training. This provides many advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, as opposed to something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical knowledge in your chosen career. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, however it is a completely different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Finally, possessing real-world experience makes you substantially more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is truly what you wish to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Bentleyville, PA
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon—brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
1. Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
2. Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
3. Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
4. Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
5. Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
Hardly any job is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the most recent dental procedures and to have completed school with perfect grades. Up to 75 percent of adults in the US suffer from some degree of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you should have the expertise to be able to deal with individuals who are scared of tooth and periodontal procedures, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to master these skills is through hands-on instructing in the classroom, and feeling confident enough with the practical experience to calm fearful patients.
As in just about any profession, you are part of an office team. It is very important to learn how to communicate with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program that enables you to work in a team situation can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very diverse field, and the variety of work can vary tremendously from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a rural area is quite different from being a part of a major, corporate dentist office in a large city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you happen to be focused on a specific career path, be sure that the you ultimately choose offers it, or is able to assist you to obtain a job in your desired concentration after you complete your training.
Although it is unnecessary in many States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables you to perform more complex jobs. This certainly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some helpful information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Bentleyville, PA listed and you will be on your way to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013