If perhaps you’re contemplating changing occupations, and are looking for a fascinating and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded monetarily, maybe you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Berlin, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a typically fast certification program, it is possible to change occupations in a short time.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Berlin, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure to try to find a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to know everything from how to create a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you ought to not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certificate program. This should enable you to have an understanding of the essentials of the job, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. However, remember not all employers that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assisting program in Berlin, PA must provide you with the opportunity to experience what the work is really like, by way of internships, externships or practical training. This presents multiple advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, instead of just something you want to study. Secondly, you’ll get some practical education in your chosen profession. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but it is a totally different thing to actually x-ray a real patient! Thirdly, having real life experience makes you considerably more valuable to employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is truly what you wish to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Berlin, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Virtually no job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of about the current dental procedures and to have finished your training with high grades. Nearly 75 percent of all adults in the US encounter some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this industry, you should have the ability to know how to manage individuals who might be frightened of tooth and periodontal treatments, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is through hands-on training in the classroom, and feeling comfortable enough with the practical experience to calm frightened patients.
As with nearly every industry, you will be part of an office team. You will need to learn how to communicate with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to learn in a team setting will help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really diversified field, and the type of work will vary significantly from one location to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a rural area is very different from being a part of a major, corporate dental clinic in a large city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. Should you be interested in a specific career path, be sure that the you choose offers it, or is going to assist you to obtain a position in your desired concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is unnecessary in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables one to do more advanced tasks. This naturally makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some valuable information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Berlin, PA listed and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013