If perhaps you’re considering switching careers, and are seeking a challenging and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Blairsville, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a typically fast certification program, you will be able to change professions very quickly.
What should you lookout for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Blairsville, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure to search for a program which provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to know everything from how to create a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to understand the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Nonetheless, understand that not all employers you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting school in Blairsville, PA should offer you an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or laboratory training. This offers many advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, and not just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical experience in your chosen occupation. It can be one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but it is a totally different thing to actually help x-ray a real person! Finally, having real life experience makes you way more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is really what you wish to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Blairsville, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
Hardly any occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to know all about the current dental procedures and to have completed your training with good grades. Nearly 75 percent of men and women in the US suffer from some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you must have the skills to know how to handle individuals who are afraid of tooth and gum procedures, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to master these skills is through hands-on teaching in the classroom, and becoming secure enough with the practical knowledge to relax fearful patients.
As in almost every vocation, you are a part of a team. It is essential to learn how to communicate with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program that enables you to work in a team situation can help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully diversified field, and the variety of tasks will vary tremendously from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a remote area can be quite different from being a part of a big, corporate dentist clinic in a large city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. In case you are interested in a specific career path, make sure that the you ultimately choose offers it, or is prepared to enable you to secure a position in your planned concentration after you graduate.
Although it is not necessary in most States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables one to do more advanced jobs. This clearly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some valuable information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Blairsville, PA listed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013