If perhaps you’re considering changing occupations, and are in search of an exciting and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, you probably need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Boonville, MO. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a pretty quick certification program, you can change occupations quickly.
What should you look for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Boonville, MO?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure to look for a program which offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to know everything from how to mix an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to grasp the basics of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. However, keep in mind that not all employers require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assistant program in Boonville, MO must provide you with a chance to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or laboratory training. This provides a number of advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, as opposed to something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical knowledge in your chosen profession. It can be one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, but a completely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual person! Finally, having real world experience makes you considerably more valuable to employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is truly what you wish to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Boonville, MO
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
No job is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the current dental procedures and to have finished school with perfect grades. Nearly 75 percent of men and women in the United States are affected by some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you will need the ability to understand how to handle patients who are afraid of tooth and gum procedures, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is through hands-on instructing in the classroom, and getting comfortable enough with the experience to soothe fearful patients.
As in almost any vocation, you are going to be a part of an office team. It is very important to learn how to interact with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that enables you to work in a team situation can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully diversified field, and the variety of tasks varies greatly from one office to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a remote area can be quite different from being part of a major, corporate dentist clinic in a big city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you happen to be focused on a specific career path, make sure that the you finally choose offers it, or is able to assist you to obtain a position in your desired concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is not necessary in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies one to perform more advanced work. This obviously makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some valuable information and are prepared to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Boonville, MO displayed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013