Maybe you’re thinking about switching occupations, and are seeking a fascinating and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, perhaps you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Breckenridge Hills, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a comparatively fast certification program, you will be able to change careers in a short time.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Breckenridge Hills, MO?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Be sure to try to find a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to have knowledge of everything from how to create a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to understand the fundamentals of the occupation, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nonetheless, keep in mind that not all employers that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assistant program in Breckenridge Hills, MO must provide you with an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or laboratory training. This presents many benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, rather than just something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical education in your chosen profession. It can be one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, yet a completely different thing to actually help x-ray a real person! Finally, having real-world experience makes you much more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is what you want to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Breckenridge Hills, MO
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- A.A.S. Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medical Services B.S.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
Hardly any occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of about the latest dental procedures and to have completed school with top grades. As many as 75 per cent of all men and women in the US have some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you should have the skills to understand how to manage patients who are afraid of tooth and periodontal procedures, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to master these skills is via hands-on training in the classroom, and being confident enough with the experience to calm frightened patients.
As with just about any vocation, you are a part of a team. You will need to learn how to communicate with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to learn in a team setting can help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really diverse field, and the nature of the work may differ significantly from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a rural area may be very different from being part of a large, corporate dentist office in a big city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you are focused on a specific career path, make sure that the school you ultimately choose offers it, or is prepared to help you obtain a position in your planned concentration once you graduate.
Even though it is not necessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies one to carry out more complex work. This clearly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some handy information and are prepared to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Breckenridge Hills, MO shown and you will be on your way to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013