If you’re contemplating switching careers, and are trying to find a challenging and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, you probably should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Bridgeport, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a rather swift certification program, you can change professions in a short time.
What should you lookout for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Bridgeport, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
You will want to look for a program which provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to know everything from how to make an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to grasp the basics of the occupation, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Having said that, bear in mind that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assisting program in Bridgeport, PA should provide you with a chance to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This presents many benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, rather than just something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical knowledge in your chosen career. It is one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, yet an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray a real person! Thirdly, having real world experience enables you to be far more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is truly what you wish to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Bridgeport, PA
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
Start your future now!
With their convenient location right outside of Reading, PA, and a multitude of courses and programs, Berks Technical Institute provides training that results in Associate in Specialized Technology degrees, Associate in Specialized Business degrees, Certificates of Completion and diplomas in growing fields. Berks Technical Institute makes it easy to find the right career fit for you.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
A new career is closer than you think!
McCann School of Business & Technology has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Their faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to pursue your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
Hardly any job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the current dental procedures and to have completed school with top grades. As many as 75 percent of adults in the US suffer from some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you will need the skills to know how to manage individuals who may be fearful of tooth and periodontal treatments, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to master these skills is with hands-on teaching in the classroom, and getting confident enough with the knowledge to relax nervous patients.
As in just about any career, you are a part of a team. It is very important to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program which enables you to learn in a team environment can help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really diversified field, and the nature of the work may differ greatly from one office to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a small town is quite different from being a part of a major, corporate dentist office in a major city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. In case you are thinking about a specific career path, be sure that the program you choose offers it, or is going to assist you to secure a position in your desired concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is not required in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies one to do more advanced tasks. This certainly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some helpful information and are prepared to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Bridgeport, PA displayed and you will be on your way to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013