If you’re thinking of switching professions, and are trying to find a challenging and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Brockway, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a typically swift certification program, it is possible to change professions very quickly.
What should you consider when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Brockway, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Be sure to look for a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to be familiar with everything from how to make an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you ought to not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to grasp the fundamentals of the occupation, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nonetheless, bear in mind that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant school in Brockway, PA will provide you with a chance to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or laboratory training. This provides several benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, as opposed to something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical knowledge in your chosen profession. It can be one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, but a totally different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Finally, possessing real world experience makes you much more valuable to employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it really is what you wish to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Brockway, PA
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon—brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
1. Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
2. Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
3. Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
4. Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
5. Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
Hardly any job is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to learn about the most recent dental procedures and to have completed school with high grades. Approximately 75 percent of all adults in the United States are affected by some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this profession, you will need the expertise to be able to manage people who may be afraid of tooth and gum procedures, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is with hands-on teaching in the classroom, and feeling confident enough with the experience to calm nervous patients.
As in virtually any occupation, you will be part of a team. It is very important to learn how to communicate with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that enables you to work in a team environment can help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really wide ranging field, and the type of tasks can vary significantly from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a remote area is very different from being part of a major, corporate dentist office in a large city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. Should you be interested in a specific career path, make sure that the you select offers it, or is prepared to assist you to obtain a job in your planned concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is not required in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies one to perform more advanced tasks. This clearly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some handy information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Brockway, PA displayed and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013