If perhaps you’re thinking of changing careers, and are trying to find a challenging and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, you probably should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Burnham, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a somewhat quick certification program, you can change occupations quickly.
What should you lookout for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Burnham, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Be sure to try to find a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to be familiar with everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you ought to not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to grasp the basics of the industry, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nonetheless, remember that not all employers that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant program in Burnham, PA should offer an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or practical training. This presents a number of benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, and not just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical knowledge in your chosen occupation. It can be one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, however it is a totally different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, possessing real life experience makes you much more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is what you wish to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Burnham, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
No occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to learn about the most recent dental procedures and to have finished your training with high grades. Nearly 75 percent of all men and women in the United States suffer from some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this profession, you need the skills to understand how to deal with individuals who may be terrified of tooth and gum treatments, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is with hands-on instructing in the classroom, and being comfortable enough with the practical knowledge to soothe nervous patients.
As in almost every profession, you are part of an office team. It is very important to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program which enables you to work in a team situation will benefit you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really diverse field, and the type of work ranges significantly from one office to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a rural area may be very different from being a dental assistant at a large, corporate dental office in a large city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you happen to be thinking about a specific career path, make certain that the you ultimately choose offers it, or is prepared to help you obtain a job in your preferred concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is unnecessary in most States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables one to carry out more complex tasks. This obviously makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some valuable information and are prepared to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Burnham, PA listed and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013