Maybe you’re thinking about switching occupations, and are looking for an excellent and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded financially, perhaps you should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Canton, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a somewhat quick certification program, you can change professions in a short time.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Canton, MO?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure that you look for a program which provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to be familiar with everything from how to make a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This should enable you to grasp the fundamentals of the occupation, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Nonetheless, understand that not all employers that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assisting school in Canton, MO must offer an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This presents several advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, as opposed to something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical education in your chosen profession. It can be one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but it is an entirely different thing to actually x-ray a real person! Thirdly, having real world experience enables you to be much more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it really is what you want to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Canton, MO
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
Hardly any occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to know all about the most recent dental procedures and to have completed your training with top grades. As many as 75 per cent of all adults in the US encounter some degree of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you will need the expertise to be able to handle individuals who may be afraid of tooth and gum treatments, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is via hands-on instruction in the classroom, and getting confident enough with the knowledge to soothe nervous patients.
As with almost any occupation, you are a part of a team. It is important to learn how to work with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program that helps you to learn in a team environment will benefit you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really extensive field, and the nature of the tasks will vary drastically from one office to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a rural area can be quite different from being a dental assistant at a major, corporate dental office in a major city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. In case you are considering a specific career path, make sure that the school you finally choose offers it, or is able to assist you to obtain a position in your desired concentration once you complete your training.
Even though it is unnecessary in most States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies one to do more advanced jobs. This certainly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some helpful information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Canton, MO listed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013