If you’re thinking of changing occupations, and are seeking an exciting and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, you probably should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Castle Rock, WA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a somewhat fast certification program, it is possible to change careers quickly.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Castle Rock, WA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure you look for a program which offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to know everything from how to mix an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This should enable you to understand the fundamentals of the job, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nonetheless, bear in mind that not all employers that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant school in Castle Rock, WA must offer the opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This offers multiple advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, and not just something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical experience in your chosen career. It can be one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, yet a completely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual person! Finally, possessing real life experience makes you much more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is what you want to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Castle Rock, WA
Your success is our priority. For more than 40 years, we have dedicated ourselves to healthcare education because we want you to become the best healthcare professional possible. Our instructors and staff are dedicated to providing you with the in-demand, hands-on education employers expect so that you may thrive in your profession. Pima Medical Institute started changing lives in 1972 when Richard Luebke Sr. and his wife, JoAnn, brought to life their dream of providing students with a quality medical career education.
- Certificate - Dental Assistant
- Certificate - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- And more...
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Dental Assisting
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Virtually no occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to know about the modern dental procedures and to have finished your training with high grades. Approximately 75 per cent of adults in the US have some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this profession, you need the expertise to understand how to manage people who are afraid of tooth and periodontal treatments, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is through hands-on training in the classroom, and becoming confident enough with the knowledge to relax worried patients.
As in almost every profession, you are going to be part of a team. It is very important to learn how to work with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to learn in a team environment will benefit you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really wide ranging field, and the nature of the work ranges drastically from one office to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a small town can be quite different from being an employee of a major, corporate dentist office in a major city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. In case you are interested in a specific career path, be sure that the you ultimately choose offers it, or is going to assist you to secure a job in your desired concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is not required in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables you to do more advanced jobs. This clearly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some handy information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Castle Rock, WA displayed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013