If you’re thinking of changing occupations, and are seeking an exciting and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, you probably should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Castle Rock, WA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a somewhat fast certification program, it is possible to change careers quickly.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Castle Rock, WA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure you look for a program which offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to know everything from how to mix an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This should enable you to understand the fundamentals of the job, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nonetheless, bear in mind that not all employers that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant school in Castle Rock, WA must offer the opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This offers multiple advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, and not just something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical experience in your chosen career. It can be one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, yet a completely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual person! Finally, possessing real life experience makes you much more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is what you want to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Castle Rock, WA
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Dental Assisting
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Virtually no occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to know about the modern dental procedures and to have finished your training with high grades. Approximately 75 per cent of adults in the US have some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this profession, you need the expertise to understand how to manage people who are afraid of tooth and periodontal treatments, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is through hands-on training in the classroom, and becoming confident enough with the knowledge to relax worried patients.
As in almost every profession, you are going to be part of a team. It is very important to learn how to work with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to learn in a team environment will benefit you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really wide ranging field, and the nature of the work ranges drastically from one office to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a small town can be quite different from being an employee of a major, corporate dentist office in a major city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. In case you are interested in a specific career path, be sure that the you ultimately choose offers it, or is going to assist you to secure a job in your desired concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is not required in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables you to do more advanced jobs. This clearly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some handy information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Castle Rock, WA displayed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013