If perhaps you’re thinking of changing professions, and are in search of a fantastic and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded financially, you probably should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Centralia, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a typically swift certification program, you could change careers very quickly.
What should you consider when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Centralia, MO?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure that you look for a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to be familiar with everything from how to create a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certificate program. This will allow you to grasp the basics of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Having said that, understand that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assistant program in Centralia, MO should provide you with a chance to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or practical training. This offers a number of advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, and not just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical experience in your chosen career. It is one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, however it is a totally different thing to actually x-ray an actual patient! Thirdly, possessing real life experience enables you to be far more valuable to employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is truly what you want to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Centralia, MO
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Hardly any occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to know all about the modern dental procedures and to have finished school with perfect grades. Up to 75 per cent of all men and women in the United States are affected by some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this profession, you will need the ability to know how to handle individuals who might be afraid of tooth and gum treatments, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is via hands-on training in the classroom, and feeling secure enough with the experience to relax nervous patients.
As in almost every job, you will be part of an office team. It is essential to learn how to work with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program that helps you to work in a team situation will benefit you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really diverse field, and the type of tasks can vary greatly from one office to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a small town could be very different from being part of a large, corporate dental clinic in a major city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you happen to be considering a specific career path, make sure the school you finally choose offers it, or is prepared to enable you to obtain a job in your preferred concentration once you graduate.
Even though it is not necessary in most States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables you to carry out more complex jobs. This certainly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some handy information and are prepared to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Centralia, MO listed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013