Maybe you’re thinking about switching professions, and are searching for an excellent and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Chalfont, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a comparatively quick certification program, it is possible to change occupations quickly.
What should you consider when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Chalfont, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
You will want to try to find a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to be familiar with everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This should enable you to have an understanding of the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nonetheless, keep in mind that not all employers that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assistant program in Chalfont, PA will provide you with an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or laboratory training. This presents multiple benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, and not just something you want to study. Secondly, you’ll get some practical knowledge in your chosen occupation. It can be one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, however it is a completely different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Finally, possessing real-world experience enables you to be far more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is what you want to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Chalfont, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
Virtually no occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn about the current dental procedures and to have completed school with high grades. Approximately 75 per cent of adults in the US experience some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this field, you will need the ability to understand how to handle people who are frightened of tooth and gum procedures, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is via hands-on instruction in the classroom, and getting confident enough with the experience to calm fearful patients.
As with almost any industry, you will be part of an office team. It is essential to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to learn in a team situation will benefit you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very wide ranging field, and the nature of the tasks ranges considerably from one office to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a small town could be very different from being a part of a major, corporate dentist office in a large city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you happen to be considering a specific career path, be sure that the you choose offers it, or is able to help you obtain a job in your preferred concentration after you complete your training.
Although it is not necessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies you to carry out more advanced work. This clearly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some handy information and are prepared to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Chalfont, PA listed and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013