If perhaps you’re contemplating switching occupations, and are searching for a fantastic and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded financially, you probably should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Chillicothe, MO. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a relatively quick certification program, you could change professions very quickly.
What should you consider when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Chillicothe, MO?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure that you try to find a program which provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to know everything from how to create an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to grasp the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. However, keep in mind that not all employers require that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assistant program in Chillicothe, MO should offer you an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or practical training. This presents many advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, rather than just something you intend to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical knowledge in your chosen vocation. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, however it is a totally different thing to actually help x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, possessing real-world experience makes you much more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is what you wish to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Chillicothe, MO
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- A.A.S. Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medical Services B.S.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
Virtually no occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to understand about the current dental procedures and to have finished your training with top grades. Up to 75 percent of men and women in the United States encounter some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you will need the expertise to be able to deal with individuals who are fearful of tooth and periodontal procedures, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is via hands-on teaching in the classroom, and feeling secure enough with the experience to relax fearful patients.
As with almost any occupation, you are going to be part of an office team. It is important to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to learn in a team environment will benefit you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully extensive field, and the variety of tasks differs considerably from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a small town could be very different from being an employee of a large, corporate dental office in a large city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you happen to be focused on a specific career path, make sure the program you select offers it, or is able to enable you to obtain a job in your preferred concentration once you graduate.
Even though it is unnecessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies you to carry out more complex tasks. This clearly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some useful information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Chillicothe, MO listed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013