If you’re considering switching professions, and are searching for a fascinating and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, you probably should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Coplay, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a typically fast certification program, you could change occupations very quickly.
What should you lookout for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Coplay, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure to try to find a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to be familiar with everything from how to create an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to understand the basics of the job, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Nevertheless, bear in mind that not all employers you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting program in Coplay, PA will provide you with an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or practical training. This presents a number of advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, instead of just something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical knowledge in your chosen profession. It can be one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, but it is an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual patient! Thirdly, having real world experience makes you way more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is truly what you wish to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Coplay, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Hardly any job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of about the latest dental procedures and to have completed school with high grades. Approximately 75 percent of all men and women in the United States encounter some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this industry, you must have the ability to be able to deal with patients who are afraid of tooth and periodontal treatments, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is via hands-on training in the classroom, and becoming secure enough with the practical knowledge to calm worried patients.
As in nearly every profession, you are going to be part of an office team. You need to learn how to interact with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that enables you to learn in a team environment will benefit you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really diversified field, and the nature of the tasks will vary greatly from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a rural area is very different from being a part of a big, corporate dentist clinic in a large city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. Should you be considering a specific career path, make sure the you select offers it, or is going to assist you to secure a job in your preferred concentration after you graduate.
Although it is not required in many States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables one to carry out more advanced jobs. This certainly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some helpful information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Coplay, PA shown and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013