If you’re thinking about changing careers, and are looking for an exciting and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, you probably need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Cornwall, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a relatively swift certification program, you could change careers fairly quickly.
What should you lookout for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Cornwall, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
You will want to search for a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to know everything from how to mix a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you ought to not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certificate program. This should allow you to have an understanding of the fundamentals of the occupation, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. However, understand that not all employers require you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assistant program in Cornwall, PA will provide you with a chance to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or laboratory training. This presents a few benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, and not just something you want to study. Secondly, you’ll get some practical education in your chosen vocation. It can be one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, yet an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray a real person! Thirdly, having real-world experience makes you substantially more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it really is what you want to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Cornwall, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Hardly any occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to know all about the current dental procedures and to have completed school with perfect grades. As many as 75 percent of men and women in the United States have some degree of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you should have the skills to understand how to manage people who may be afraid of tooth and periodontal treatments, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is with hands-on instructing in the classroom, and feeling comfortable enough with the knowledge to calm nervous patients.
As with almost every job, you are part of a team. It is essential to learn how to work with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to work in a team environment can help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really diversified field, and the variety of tasks varies tremendously from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a rural area may be very different from being an employee of a large, corporate dental office in a large city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you are focused on a specific career path, make sure that the program you choose offers it, or is prepared to help you obtain a position in your desired concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is not necessary in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies you to carry out more complex tasks. This clearly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some valuable information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Cornwall, PA shown and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013