Maybe you’re thinking of switching careers, and are seeking a fascinating and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Cuyahoga Falls, OH. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a typically fast certification program, you could change careers fairly quickly.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Cuyahoga Falls, OH?
Focus on Science and Theory
You will want to look for a program which provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to have knowledge of everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you ought to not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certificate program. This will enable you to understand the fundamentals of the occupation, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nevertheless, remember not all employers require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assisting school in Cuyahoga Falls, OH must offer the opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or practical training. This offers multiple benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, rather than just something you intend to learn about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical experience in your chosen vocation. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, yet an entirely different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, having real life experience enables you to be far more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is really what you want to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Cuyahoga Falls, OH
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Medical Assisting
Hardly any job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn about the current dental procedures and to have finished school with top grades. Approximately 75 percent of all men and women in the US suffer from some degree of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you should have the ability to know how to manage individuals who may be terrified of tooth and gum treatments, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is via hands-on teaching in the classroom, and becoming confident enough with the practical knowledge to relax fearful patients.
As with just about any industry, you will be part of an office team. You need to learn how to interact with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program which enables you to learn in a team environment can help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very diversified field, and the nature of the tasks ranges significantly from one location to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a rural area may be very different from being a dental assistant at a large, corporate dental office in a large city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. In case you are considering a specific career path, be sure that the school you finally choose offers it, or is going to enable you to obtain a job in your planned concentration once you graduate.
Although it is not required in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies you to carry out more complex tasks. This clearly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some useful information and are prepared to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box near the top of this page and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Cuyahoga Falls, OH listed and you will be on the path to a great future!
Dental Assistant Schools in Cuyahoga Falls, OH reviewed by Caden BRYANT on April 12.
Thank You for sharing such a useful website. I was able to get more info about the various schools in my area and found one that worked for my situation. I’ve now started my training and can’t wait to become a Dental Assistant.
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013