If perhaps you’re thinking of switching careers, and are searching for an exciting and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, perhaps you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Dallas, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a rather fast certification program, you could change occupations quickly.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Dallas, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure that you try to find a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to know everything from how to mix a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certificate program. This will allow you to grasp the basics of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Nonetheless, understand that not all employers require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assistant program in Dallas, PA should offer a chance to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or laboratory training. This provides a number of advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, as opposed to something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical education in your chosen profession. It can be one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, yet a totally different thing to actually x-ray a real person! Finally, having real world experience enables you to be much more valuable to employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is what you want to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Dallas, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
Virtually no job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to know all about the modern dental procedures and to have finished your training with high grades. Nearly 75 percent of men and women in the United States have some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this field, you must have the ability to know how to handle individuals who might be afraid of tooth and periodontal treatments, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is via hands-on instruction in the classroom, and getting confident enough with the practical experience to calm frightened patients.
As with almost every profession, you will be a part of an office team. It is essential to learn how to work with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program which enables you to learn in a team situation can help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very diversified field, and the variety of tasks can vary significantly from one office to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a rural area is quite different from being a dental assistant at a big, corporate dentist office in a major city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. In case you are interested in a specific career path, make sure the school you choose offers it, or is prepared to assist you to obtain a position in your preferred concentration once you graduate.
Even though it is not required in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables one to carry out more complex work. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some valuable information and are prepared to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Dallas, PA listed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013