If you’re thinking about switching careers, and are searching for an excellent and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, you probably need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Delmont, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a relatively fast certification program, you could change careers very quickly.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Delmont, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you search for a program that offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to know everything from how to mix a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This should enable you to understand the essentials of the occupation, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nonetheless, bear in mind that not all employers require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assisting school in Delmont, PA must offer you the opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or laboratory training. This provides a few advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, rather than just something you intend to learn about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical knowledge in your chosen profession. It can be one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but a totally different thing to actually help x-ray an actual patient! Finally, possessing real life experience enables you to be much more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is really what you wish to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Delmont, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Hardly any job is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn about the most recent dental procedures and to have finished school with good grades. Up to 75 per cent of men and women in the United States are affected by some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this industry, you will need the skills to understand how to handle people who are terrified of tooth and gum procedures, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is via hands-on training in the classroom, and being secure enough with the knowledge to calm worried patients.
As in just about any occupation, you are going to be a part of a team. You need to learn how to interact with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to learn in a team situation will help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really wide ranging field, and the nature of the work differs significantly from one office to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a remote area is quite different from being a part of a major, corporate dental clinic in a large city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. Should you be focused on a specific career path, make certain that the you ultimately choose offers it, or is able to enable you to secure a position in your desired concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is not necessary in many States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables you to carry out more complex tasks. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some handy information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Delmont, PA shown and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013