If you’re considering switching professions, and are looking for a fascinating and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded financially, perhaps you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Doylestown, OH. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a pretty quick certification program, you will be able to change professions fairly quickly.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Doylestown, OH?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure that you look for a program which provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to know everything from how to make a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This will allow you to grasp the fundamentals of the occupation, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Nevertheless, remember that not all employers you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assistant school in Doylestown, OH should provide an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, by way of internships, externships or practical training. This presents several advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, rather than just something you intend to learn about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical experience in your chosen occupation. It can be one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but a completely different thing to actually x-ray a real patient! Thirdly, having real world experience makes you far more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is what you wish to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Doylestown, OH
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Change your life! Ultimate Medical Academy will be here every step of the way.
- UMA is a nonprofit healthcare career school committed to helping you succeed.
- Once you enroll, you’ll receive individualized student services like: Flexible online learning, Academic support, Access to one-on-one and group tutoring.
- UMA’s Online Associate Degree Program offerings is tailored the meet the needs of the healthcare industry.
- Since 1994, UMA has educated thousands of students across the nation at our online and Clearwater, FL campuses.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
No job is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to know all about the current dental procedures and to have finished school with good grades. Approximately 75 per cent of all men and women in the US are affected by some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this industry, you will need the expertise to know how to handle people who are terrified of tooth and periodontal procedures, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is through hands-on training in the classroom, and getting confident enough with the knowledge to relax frightened patients.
As with almost any job, you will be part of an office team. It is very important to learn how to work with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that enables you to learn in a team setting can help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really wide ranging field, and the variety of work may differ considerably from one office to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a remote area may be very different from being part of a large, corporate dentist office in a major city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. In case you are thinking about a specific career path, be sure that the program you ultimately choose offers it, or is able to enable you to secure a position in your planned concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is unnecessary in many States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies you to carry out more complex jobs. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some helpful information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Doylestown, OH listed and you will be on your way to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013