If you’re contemplating changing occupations, and are searching for an exciting and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded financially, you probably need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Dravosburg, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a typically fast certification program, you will be able to change careers in a short time.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Dravosburg, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure that you search for a program that offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to have knowledge of everything from how to mix a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to have an understanding of the basics of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nevertheless, keep in mind that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assisting program in Dravosburg, PA will offer you an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This presents many advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, and not just something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical experience in your chosen occupation. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, yet a totally different thing to actually help x-ray a real person! Finally, possessing real life experience makes you considerably more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is really what you wish to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Dravosburg, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
Virtually no job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of about the current dental procedures and to have finished your training with high grades. Approximately 75 per cent of men and women in the United States experience some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this profession, you need the skills to know how to handle people who are terrified of tooth and gum procedures, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to master these skills is through hands-on instructing in the classroom, and being secure enough with the experience to calm frightened patients.
As with virtually any career, you are going to be a part of a team. It is important to learn how to interact with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program that enables you to work in a team situation will benefit you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very diversified field, and the type of tasks may differ significantly from one office to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a remote area can be quite different from being part of a big, corporate dentist office in a big city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. In case you are considering a specific career path, make sure the program you finally choose offers it, or is able to enable you to obtain a job in your planned concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is not necessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies you to do more complex jobs. This obviously makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some valuable information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Dravosburg, PA shown and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013