If you’re considering changing occupations, and are looking for a challenging and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Dupont, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a typically quick certification program, you will be able to change professions in a short time.
What should you lookout for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Dupont, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure that you search for a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to know everything from how to create a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you ought to not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to have an understanding of the fundamentals of the occupation, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nevertheless, keep in mind that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assistant school in Dupont, PA should offer an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This offers a few advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, as opposed to something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical experience in your chosen career. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, however it is an entirely different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, having real-world experience makes you substantially more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is truly what you want to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Dupont, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
No job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to know all about the current dental procedures and to have finished school with high grades. Approximately 75 per cent of men and women in the United States have some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this profession, you must have the skills to be able to handle people who may be frightened of tooth and periodontal treatments, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is via hands-on training in the classroom, and becoming confident enough with the practical experience to relax fearful patients.
As in virtually any job, you are part of an office team. It is very important to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program that enables you to learn in a team situation will help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really diverse field, and the nature of the work will vary greatly from one location to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a remote area could be very different from being a dental assistant at a big, corporate dental office in a large city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you are thinking about a specific career path, make certain that the program you finally choose offers it, or is prepared to help you secure a job in your preferred concentration once you complete your training.
Even though it is unnecessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies you to carry out more complex tasks. This clearly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some valuable information and are prepared to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Dupont, PA displayed and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013