If you’re thinking of changing careers, and are looking for a fantastic and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, maybe you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Eddystone, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a relatively swift certification program, you could change careers in a short time.
What should you consider when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Eddystone, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
You will want to search for a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to have knowledge of everything from how to mix a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to grasp the essentials of the job, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nonetheless, keep in mind that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assistant school in Eddystone, PA will offer you an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, by way of internships, externships or clinical training. This provides many advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, rather than just something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical knowledge in your chosen career. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but it is an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual person! Finally, possessing real life experience enables you to be considerably more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is truly what you want to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Eddystone, PA
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
Start your future now!
With their convenient location right outside of Reading, PA, and a multitude of courses and programs, Berks Technical Institute provides training that results in Associate in Specialized Technology degrees, Associate in Specialized Business degrees, Certificates of Completion and diplomas in growing fields. Berks Technical Institute makes it easy to find the right career fit for you.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
A new career is closer than you think!
McCann School of Business & Technology has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Their faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to pursue your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
No job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to understand about the current dental procedures and to have completed your training with high grades. As many as 75 percent of all men and women in the US encounter some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this profession, you should have the ability to know how to manage people who might be afraid of tooth and gum treatments, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is with hands-on instruction in the classroom, and being secure enough with the practical knowledge to soothe fearful patients.
As in almost every job, you are part of an office team. It is essential to learn how to interact with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to work in a team environment can help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully wide ranging field, and the variety of tasks may differ considerably from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a remote area is very different from being a part of a big, corporate dentist office in a major city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. Should you be interested in a specific career path, be sure that the school you ultimately choose offers it, or is able to assist you to obtain a job in your desired concentration once you graduate.
Although it is unnecessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies you to do more advanced tasks. This clearly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some useful information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Eddystone, PA listed and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013