If you’re considering switching professions, and are looking for an excellent and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded financially, perhaps you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Eldridge, IA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a typically swift certification program, you can change professions in a short time.
What should you look for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Eldridge, IA?
Focus on Science and Theory
You will want to look for a program which provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to have knowledge of everything from how to create a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certificate program. This will allow you to have an understanding of the fundamentals of the job, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. However, remember not all employers require that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assisting program in Eldridge, IA will provide the opportunity to experience what the work is really like, via internships, externships or clinical training. This presents several advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, instead of just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical education in your chosen vocation. It is one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, yet a completely different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Finally, possessing real-world experience enables you to be much more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is what you want to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Eldridge, IA
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Diploma - Healthcare Technology and Systems
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
Virtually no job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to understand all about the current dental procedures and to have finished your training with perfect grades. Approximately 75 per cent of all men and women in the US have some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you will need the expertise to know how to handle patients who might be terrified of tooth and gum treatments, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is via hands-on training in the classroom, and becoming secure enough with the practical experience to calm frightened patients.
As with nearly every industry, you will be a part of a team. It is essential to learn how to work with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program that enables you to work in a team environment will benefit you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully diversified field, and the nature of the tasks will vary considerably from one location to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a rural area could be very different from being a part of a big, corporate dentist office in a major city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. Should you be interested in a specific career path, make certain that the school you select offers it, or is able to assist you to secure a job in your planned concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is not required in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies you to perform more complex tasks. This obviously makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some handy information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Eldridge, IA listed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013