If perhaps you’re thinking of switching careers, and are in search of a challenging and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Emporium, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a pretty quick certification program, it is possible to change professions very quickly.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Emporium, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
You will want to search for a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to have knowledge of everything from how to make a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you ought to not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This will enable you to grasp the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. However, keep in mind that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assistant program in Emporium, PA should offer a chance to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This presents a few advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, as opposed to something you intend to learn about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical education in your chosen profession. It is one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, but an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual person! Finally, possessing real-world experience enables you to be way more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is truly what you wish to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Emporium, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
Virtually no job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of about the current dental procedures and to have completed your training with good grades. Up to 75 per cent of all men and women in the United States encounter some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this profession, you will need the ability to be able to deal with patients who might be frightened of tooth and periodontal treatments, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is through hands-on training in the classroom, and becoming confident enough with the experience to calm worried patients.
As with nearly every job, you will be part of a team. It is very important to learn how to interact with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to work in a team setting can help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very diverse field, and the nature of the work varies significantly from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a remote area is very different from being part of a big, corporate dental clinic in a big city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. Should you be considering a specific career path, make sure that the you select offers it, or is able to enable you to obtain a job in your desired concentration after you complete your training.
Although it is not required in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables one to do more advanced tasks. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some valuable information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Emporium, PA displayed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013