Maybe you’re contemplating changing occupations, and are in search of an excellent and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, you probably should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Ennis, TX. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a rather fast certification program, you will be able to change occupations fairly quickly.
What should you lookout for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Ennis, TX?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure to look for a program that offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to have knowledge of everything from how to make an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you ought to not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This should enable you to grasp the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Having said that, bear in mind that not all employers you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assistant school in Ennis, TX should offer an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This offers a number of benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, rather than just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical experience in your chosen profession. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, but it is a completely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual patient! Thirdly, having real world experience makes you considerably more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it really is what you want to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Ennis, TX
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Our mission is YOUR SUCCESS!
When you succeed, we succeed. That is why we provide high-quality, specialized career preparation for all our students. Our goal is to help you find your rewarding career.
Our Mission Statement:
To provide high-quality, specialized career preparation or enhancement to meet and cope with technological changes resulting in employment and career success.
- Dental Assistant, Diploma
- Medical Assisting, Diploma
- Discover how you could play a part in the growing healthcare industry at Keiser U
- Cover healthcare leadership, marketing, public policy, healthcare finance & more
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Our programs are focused and centered on empowering you with the skills you need to enter the expanding and rewarding Health Care Industry. Learn only what you need to gain employment in your particular field, so you can get certified and enter the job market faster.
- Dental Assistant Certificate
- Medical Assistant-Certificate
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
Get hands-on training with South Texas Vocational Technical Institute. We offer a number of diploma programs in the skilled trades and health and wellness fields at our campuses in Weslaco, Corpus Christi, McAllen, San Antonio, and Brownsville, Texas.
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Administrative Assisting Technology - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
UEI College (Formally Anthem College – Bryman School) is for individuals who seek to achieve more with their lives through education and training. No matter what stage of life you find yourself in, it is never too late to set new goals for yourself.
- Medical Assistant Technician - DIP
Quest College is dedicated to providing career-focused, accessible education and helping individuals get the training, experience and support for the Allied Health and business industries.
- Medical Assisting with Phlebotomy and EKG
- Patient Care Technician
REACH HIGHER, GET HIRED
Take the step to get a new career today
SPARK SUCCESS WITH SCI
Southern Careers Institute has maintained a tradition of career training for over 50 years in Texas with campuses in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio & Online courses available to anyone, anywhere.
At SCI, we have made it our mission to provide our students with the training they need to be successful in a new career. We offer career training in Medical, Business, Skilled Trades, Cosmetology, & Technology programs. These certification-based programs are designed to make our graduates some of the most marketable job candidates.
We are Texas born, Texas proud.
- Medical Assistant
Hardly any job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the modern dental procedures and to have completed school with perfect grades. As many as 75 per cent of adults in the United States experience some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this profession, you will need the skills to be able to manage people who might be fearful of tooth and gum treatments, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to master these skills is via hands-on instruction in the classroom, and getting comfortable enough with the knowledge to relax frightened patients.
As with just about any profession, you are a part of a team. It is important to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program that helps you to work in a team setting will help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really wide ranging field, and the variety of tasks ranges significantly from one office to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a remote area is quite different from being a dental assistant at a big, corporate dental office in a major city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you are thinking about a specific career path, make sure that the you ultimately choose offers it, or is prepared to enable you to secure a job in your desired concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is unnecessary in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables one to perform more complex jobs. This certainly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some handy information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Ennis, TX shown and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013