If perhaps you’re contemplating changing careers, and are trying to find an exciting and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Evans City, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a typically fast certification program, it is possible to change occupations very quickly.
What should you consider when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Evans City, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure to search for a program which offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to have knowledge of everything from how to create a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This should enable you to grasp the basics of the occupation, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Nonetheless, remember that not all employers that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting program in Evans City, PA must provide an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or laboratory training. This offers several advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, as opposed to something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical experience in your chosen profession. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, yet a totally different thing to actually x-ray an actual patient! Thirdly, possessing real world experience makes you way more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is what you wish to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Evans City, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Virtually no occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the latest dental procedures and to have completed school with good grades. Approximately 75 per cent of all adults in the US encounter some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this profession, you need the expertise to understand how to manage people who might be afraid of tooth and periodontal procedures, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is via hands-on instruction in the classroom, and becoming comfortable enough with the knowledge to relax frightened patients.
As in virtually any career, you are part of a team. You need to learn how to interact with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program that enables you to learn in a team situation will help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very wide ranging field, and the variety of work can vary considerably from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a remote area can be quite different from being part of a big, corporate dental clinic in a major city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you happen to be thinking about a specific career path, make sure that the school you choose offers it, or is able to enable you to obtain a job in your desired concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is not necessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies one to perform more complex work. This certainly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some valuable information and are prepared to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Evans City, PA listed and you will be on your way to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013