If you’re thinking about switching professions, and are in search of a challenging and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Fairchance, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a rather swift certification program, you can change professions in a short time.
What should you look for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Fairchance, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure to look for a program which offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to know everything from how to make an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to grasp the basics of the industry, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. However, keep in mind that not all employers you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant school in Fairchance, PA should provide you with a chance to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This presents several advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, and not just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical education in your chosen profession. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but it is an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray a real person! Finally, possessing real-world experience makes you way more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is what you wish to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Fairchance, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
Virtually no occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the current dental procedures and to have completed your training with top grades. Up to 75 percent of all men and women in the US encounter some degree of dental fear or phobia. To work in this profession, you will need the skills to know how to manage individuals who are scared of tooth and gum treatments, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is via hands-on instruction in the classroom, and becoming secure enough with the practical experience to calm worried patients.
As with nearly every vocation, you will be a part of an office team. It is very important to learn how to work with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program which enables you to learn in a team environment can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really extensive field, and the type of tasks varies significantly from one office to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a small town could be very different from being a part of a large, corporate dental clinic in a large city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you are considering a specific career path, make certain that the you ultimately choose offers it, or is going to help you obtain a job in your preferred concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is not required in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables you to do more advanced work. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some useful information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Fairchance, PA shown and you will be on your way to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013