If perhaps you’re thinking of switching professions, and are in search of a fascinating and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Fayette, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a somewhat fast certification program, you will be able to change careers quickly.
What should you lookout for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Fayette, MO?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure you look for a program which provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to know everything from how to create an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certificate program. This should enable you to have an understanding of the fundamentals of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Having said that, understand that not all employers that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assisting school in Fayette, MO will provide a chance to experience what the work is really like, via internships, externships or laboratory training. This provides multiple advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, as opposed to something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical knowledge in your chosen vocation. It is one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray a real person! Thirdly, having real world experience makes you way more valuable to employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is truly what you wish to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Fayette, MO
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- A.A.S. Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medical Services B.S.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Hardly any occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of all about the current dental procedures and to have completed school with top grades. As many as 75 percent of men and women in the United States encounter some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this industry, you should have the skills to understand how to manage patients who might be frightened of tooth and gum procedures, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is via hands-on teaching in the classroom, and becoming comfortable enough with the practical knowledge to relax nervous patients.
As in almost every job, you are a part of an office team. It is important to learn how to interact with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that enables you to learn in a team environment will help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very wide ranging field, and the type of work differs drastically from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a rural area is quite different from being a part of a big, corporate dentist office in a large city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you happen to be considering a specific career path, make certain that the school you finally choose offers it, or is able to enable you to secure a job in your planned concentration after you complete your training.
Although it is not required in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables one to do more complex jobs. This certainly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some helpful information and are prepared to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Fayette, MO listed and you will be on your way to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013