If you’re thinking of changing professions, and are trying to find a fascinating and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, you probably should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Fenton, MO. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a somewhat quick certification program, you will be able to change occupations in a short time.
What should you lookout for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Fenton, MO?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure that you try to find a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to be familiar with everything from how to create a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certification program. This should enable you to understand the basics of the occupation, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. However, bear in mind that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant school in Fenton, MO will provide a chance to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This offers many benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, as opposed to something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical education in your chosen vocation. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, but it is an entirely different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Finally, possessing real-world experience makes you way more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it really is what you wish to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Fenton, MO
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- A.A.S. Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medical Services B.S.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
Virtually no occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to understand all about the modern dental procedures and to have finished your training with perfect grades. Nearly 75 percent of all adults in the US suffer from some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this profession, you will need the expertise to understand how to manage people who might be fearful of tooth and periodontal treatments, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is with hands-on instruction in the classroom, and becoming secure enough with the practical knowledge to calm worried patients.
As in virtually any profession, you are a part of an office team. It is important to learn how to work with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to work in a team environment will help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully wide ranging field, and the type of work can vary tremendously from one office to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a remote area is quite different from being an employee of a major, corporate dentist office in a major city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you happen to be focused on a specific career path, make certain that the school you select offers it, or is prepared to enable you to secure a position in your preferred concentration once you graduate.
Although it is unnecessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies you to carry out more complex jobs. This certainly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some valuable information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Fenton, MO displayed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013