If perhaps you’re thinking of switching careers, and are looking for an exciting and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, maybe you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Fort Wright, KY. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a comparatively fast certification program, you could change careers in a short time.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Fort Wright, KY?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure to search for a program which provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to know everything from how to create a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This should enable you to understand the fundamentals of the job, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Having said that, remember not all employers require that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assisting school in Fort Wright, KY must provide you with a chance to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or practical training. This presents a few benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, and not just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical experience in your chosen vocation. It is one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, however it is a completely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, having real-world experience enables you to be much more valuable to employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it really is what you wish to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Fort Wright, KY
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
No occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of about the latest dental procedures and to have completed school with perfect grades. Nearly 75 per cent of all adults in the US are affected by some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this profession, you will need the skills to understand how to handle people who are frightened of tooth and periodontal treatments, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is with hands-on teaching in the classroom, and feeling confident enough with the knowledge to calm frightened patients.
As with just about any profession, you will be a part of a team. You need to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that enables you to work in a team situation will benefit you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully diverse field, and the nature of the work will vary drastically from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a remote area can be quite different from being an employee of a large, corporate dentist office in a large city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you happen to be focused on a specific career path, make sure the program you select offers it, or is prepared to enable you to obtain a position in your planned concentration after you graduate.
Although it is unnecessary in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables one to perform more advanced tasks. This obviously makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some useful information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Fort Wright, KY shown and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013