Maybe you’re thinking of switching occupations, and are searching for an exciting and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, you probably should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Forty Fort, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a rather fast certification program, you can change careers quickly.
What should you lookout for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Forty Fort, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
You will want to search for a program which provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to have knowledge of everything from how to create a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to grasp the basics of the industry, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. However, remember that not all employers you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assistant school in Forty Fort, PA will provide a chance to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or laboratory training. This offers a few benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, rather than just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical knowledge in your chosen occupation. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, yet an entirely different thing to actually x-ray a real person! Thirdly, possessing real world experience enables you to be considerably more valuable to employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is truly what you wish to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Forty Fort, PA
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
Start your future now!
With their convenient location right outside of Reading, PA, and a multitude of courses and programs, Berks Technical Institute provides training that results in Associate in Specialized Technology degrees, Associate in Specialized Business degrees, Certificates of Completion and diplomas in growing fields. Berks Technical Institute makes it easy to find the right career fit for you.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
A new career is closer than you think!
McCann School of Business & Technology has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Their faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to pursue your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
No job is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of about the current dental procedures and to have completed your training with perfect grades. Approximately 75 per cent of all men and women in the US have some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this field, you need the ability to be able to handle people who might be frightened of tooth and periodontal treatments, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to master these skills is with hands-on instructing in the classroom, and getting secure enough with the experience to relax fearful patients.
As with almost any profession, you are part of a team. It is essential to learn how to work with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program that helps you to learn in a team environment will help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully diversified field, and the variety of tasks will vary drastically from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a remote area could be very different from being a part of a large, corporate dentist clinic in a large city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. Should you be considering a specific career path, make certain that the program you select offers it, or is prepared to enable you to secure a job in your desired concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is unnecessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies one to carry out more complex work. This clearly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some handy information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Forty Fort, PA listed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013