If you’re thinking about changing professions, and are seeking an excellent and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, perhaps you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Fredericktown, MO. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a comparatively swift certification program, you will be able to change occupations in a short time.
What should you lookout for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Fredericktown, MO?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure to try to find a program that offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to be familiar with everything from how to create a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certificate program. This should allow you to grasp the fundamentals of the occupation, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Having said that, remember not all employers will require that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assistant school in Fredericktown, MO will provide you with the opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or laboratory training. This presents multiple benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, as opposed to something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical knowledge in your chosen occupation. It can be one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, yet a totally different thing to actually x-ray a real patient! Finally, possessing real-world experience makes you far more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is what you want to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Fredericktown, MO
- A.A.S. Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medical Services B.S.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Hardly any job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to know all about the current dental procedures and to have completed your training with top grades. Nearly 75 percent of men and women in the US have some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this field, you must have the skills to understand how to manage patients who might be terrified of tooth and periodontal treatments, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is through hands-on teaching in the classroom, and getting confident enough with the knowledge to relax frightened patients.
As in nearly every vocation, you are a part of an office team. It is essential to learn how to work with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program that enables you to work in a team setting can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully diverse field, and the nature of the tasks will vary significantly from one office to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a remote area can be quite different from being part of a major, corporate dentist clinic in a large city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you are considering a specific career path, be sure that the school you choose offers it, or is prepared to assist you to secure a job in your desired concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is unnecessary in most States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies one to perform more complex jobs. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some valuable information and are prepared to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Fredericktown, MO displayed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013