Maybe you’re thinking about switching occupations, and are searching for a challenging and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, perhaps you should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Freeland, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a somewhat fast certification program, you will be able to change occupations in a short time.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Freeland, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Be sure to try to find a program which provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to be familiar with everything from how to mix a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certificate program. This should enable you to understand the fundamentals of the job, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Nonetheless, remember that not all employers that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assistant program in Freeland, PA must offer you a chance to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or clinical training. This presents a few benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, as opposed to something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical knowledge in your chosen career. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but a completely different thing to actually x-ray a real person! Finally, possessing real-world experience makes you substantially more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is truly what you want to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Freeland, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
No occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to know all about the modern dental procedures and to have completed school with good grades. Nearly 75 per cent of adults in the US have some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this industry, you must have the skills to know how to manage individuals who may be scared of tooth and gum treatments, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is via hands-on instruction in the classroom, and being confident enough with the practical knowledge to soothe frightened patients.
As with nearly every job, you will be part of a team. You will need to learn how to interact with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program which enables you to learn in a team setting can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really extensive field, and the variety of work can vary greatly from one office to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a small town is very different from being a part of a big, corporate dental clinic in a large city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you happen to be thinking about a specific career path, make certain that the program you ultimately choose offers it, or is able to assist you to secure a position in your desired concentration after you complete your training.
Although it is not required in most States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies you to carry out more advanced jobs. This obviously makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some useful information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Freeland, PA shown and you will be on your way to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013