Maybe you’re thinking about changing professions, and are looking for a challenging and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded financially, perhaps you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Fruitland Park, FL. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a pretty quick certification program, you could change professions quickly.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Fruitland Park, FL?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure that you look for a program which provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to have knowledge of everything from how to mix a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certificate program. This will enable you to understand the fundamentals of the occupation, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. However, bear in mind that not all employers require you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assisting school in Fruitland Park, FL must provide you with the opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or practical training. This provides several advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, as opposed to something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical knowledge in your chosen occupation. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, but it is an entirely different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, having real world experience enables you to be much more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is what you want to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Fruitland Park, FL
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant (10-Month diploma program)
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
- Discover how you could play a part in the growing healthcare industry at Keiser U
- Cover healthcare leadership, marketing, public policy, healthcare finance & more
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
Pursue your education with American College for Medical Careers. We offer degree and diploma programs in the allied health field at our campus in Orlando, Florida.
- Dental Assisting with Expanded Functions
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate
Altierus Career College is a non-profit, higher education school system with campuses in Atlanta, Houston and Tampa. We don’t just see you as a student. We see you as an individual with your own reasons for being here. Our mission is to help you find a career path that’s right for you and become a professional in as little as 10 months.
- Diploma - Dental Assistant
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get personalized attention at UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services—they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training at our campus in Clearwater, Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at ultimatemedical.edu/gainful-employment.pdf and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement and occupations.
- Dental Assistant with Expanded Functions
- Medical Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
Southern Technical College provides education and training in a variety of medical and technical areas that enable graduates to obtain entry-level employment. As a student at Southern Technical College, you will have the opportunity learn in several different ways.
- Medical Assisting (Diploma)
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Bachelor of Science in Imaging SciencesImaging Administration Concentration
No occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn all about the latest dental procedures and to have finished your training with high grades. Nearly 75 per cent of adults in the United States suffer from some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this field, you must have the skills to be able to manage people who are afraid of tooth and gum treatments, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is via hands-on instruction in the classroom, and getting confident enough with the practical experience to relax worried patients.
As with virtually any career, you are a part of a team. It is essential to learn how to work with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program which enables you to learn in a team environment can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully diverse field, and the type of work can vary greatly from one office to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a small town can be quite different from being part of a big, corporate dental office in a large city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. In case you are considering a specific career path, be sure that the school you select offers it, or is prepared to assist you to obtain a job in your planned concentration after you graduate.
Although it is not required in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies you to carry out more advanced tasks. This clearly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some handy information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Fruitland Park, FL listed and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013