If perhaps you’re thinking about changing professions, and are searching for a challenging and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Galesburg, IL. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a comparatively swift certification program, you could change occupations in a short time.
What should you consider when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Galesburg, IL?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure you look for a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to have knowledge of everything from how to make a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certificate program. This will allow you to understand the basics of the job, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nevertheless, bear in mind that not all employers that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting school in Galesburg, IL will provide you with a chance to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This offers several advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, as opposed to something you want to study. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical experience in your chosen vocation. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, however it is an entirely different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, having real-world experience makes you much more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it really is what you want to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Galesburg, IL
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Dental Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Diploma - Healthcare Technology and Systems
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students -- their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential -- that's why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That's the Harrison Difference.
- Medical Office Assistant
- Medical Assisting Diploma
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Master of Healthcare Administration (M.H.A.)
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- Veterinary Assisting
No job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of all about the modern dental procedures and to have finished school with good grades. Approximately 75 per cent of adults in the United States suffer from some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you need the expertise to be able to handle patients who might be scared of tooth and gum procedures, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is through hands-on instruction in the classroom, and becoming comfortable enough with the practical experience to soothe nervous patients.
As with nearly every vocation, you will be part of a team. It is important to learn how to interact with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that enables you to learn in a team environment will benefit you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very diversified field, and the nature of the tasks may differ tremendously from one location to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a remote area is quite different from being a part of a large, corporate dentist clinic in a major city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you are interested in a specific career path, make sure that the you finally choose offers it, or is able to enable you to secure a job in your preferred concentration after you complete your training.
Although it is unnecessary in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables you to perform more complex jobs. This clearly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some useful information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field towards the top of this page and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Galesburg, IL shown and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Dental Assistant Schools in Galesburg, IL reviewed by Tom CLARK on May 9.
Thank You for creating such an informative site. I was able to find more info about all of the schools in my area and found one that worked for my situation. I’ve now started my training and can’t wait to become a Dental Assistant.
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013