If perhaps you’re thinking about switching careers, and are in search of a fascinating and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, you probably need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Girard, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a typically swift certification program, you can change careers very quickly.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Girard, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you try to find a program that offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to know everything from how to mix a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you ought to not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to grasp the essentials of the job, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Having said that, remember not all employers will require you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting program in Girard, PA will provide an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or practical training. This presents multiple advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, instead of just something you want to study. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical education in your chosen profession. It can be one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, however it is an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray a real person! Thirdly, possessing real life experience enables you to be far more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it really is what you want to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Girard, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
Virtually no occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of all about the latest dental procedures and to have completed school with high grades. Approximately 75 percent of all men and women in the US experience some degree of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you should have the skills to be able to deal with individuals who may be fearful of tooth and periodontal treatments, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is with hands-on training in the classroom, and getting secure enough with the experience to relax fearful patients.
As with just about any occupation, you are part of an office team. You need to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to work in a team setting can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully diversified field, and the nature of the work will vary greatly from one office to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a remote area is very different from being part of a big, corporate dentist clinic in a major city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. In case you are considering a specific career path, be sure that the program you ultimately choose offers it, or is prepared to enable you to secure a job in your desired concentration after you complete your training.
Although it is unnecessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies one to perform more advanced tasks. This obviously makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some useful information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Girard, PA listed and you will be on your way to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013