If you’re contemplating switching occupations, and are looking for a fantastic and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Glendale, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a typically swift certification program, you will be able to change occupations very quickly.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Glendale, MO?
Concentration on Science and Theory
You will want to search for a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to know everything from how to mix an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to understand the essentials of the occupation, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Having said that, understand that not all employers that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assistant school in Glendale, MO will provide an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or practical training. This offers several benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, as opposed to something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical education in your chosen occupation. It can be one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, yet an entirely different thing to actually x-ray a real patient! Thirdly, possessing real-world experience enables you to be substantially more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is what you want to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Glendale, MO
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
No job is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn about the modern dental procedures and to have completed your training with perfect grades. Approximately 75 percent of all men and women in the United States encounter some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you should have the expertise to understand how to deal with individuals who may be afraid of tooth and periodontal treatments, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is through hands-on training in the classroom, and feeling secure enough with the practical knowledge to relax frightened patients.
As in almost every job, you are going to be a part of an office team. It is essential to learn how to interact with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program that enables you to learn in a team environment will help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully extensive field, and the variety of tasks may differ greatly from one location to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a rural area can be quite different from being an employee of a major, corporate dentist clinic in a large city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. In case you are considering a specific career path, make sure that the school you select offers it, or is able to enable you to obtain a job in your planned concentration after you graduate.
Although it is unnecessary in most States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies one to do more advanced jobs. This certainly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some handy information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Glendale, MO displayed and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013