If perhaps you’re thinking of switching professions, and are searching for a challenging and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Granby, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a pretty swift certification program, it is possible to change professions quickly.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Granby, MO?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure to look for a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to be familiar with everything from how to create a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to have an understanding of the fundamentals of the industry, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. However, remember not all employers you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assistant program in Granby, MO must provide you with a chance to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or laboratory training. This provides a number of advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, and not just something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical education in your chosen profession. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, however it is a completely different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Finally, having real world experience enables you to be way more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is what you wish to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Granby, MO
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- RNs, join one of GCU's CCNE-accredited bachelor's, master's or doctoral nursing programs.
- Offering a full spectrum of nursing programs to fit your education needs and career aspirations.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- A holistic, physical, emotional and spiritual approach to patient care is taught in the classroom.
- Curriculum that connects classroom theories to working scenarios through many modalities.
Hardly any job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn about the modern dental procedures and to have completed your training with top grades. As many as 75 percent of adults in the US are affected by some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this field, you should have the ability to understand how to manage people who are terrified of tooth and gum procedures, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is via hands-on teaching in the classroom, and becoming confident enough with the experience to relax fearful patients.
As in almost every career, you will be a part of an office team. You need to learn how to work with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program which enables you to work in a team setting will benefit you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really diversified field, and the variety of work differs greatly from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a small town may be very different from being an employee of a large, corporate dental clinic in a major city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. Should you be focused on a specific career path, be sure that the you select offers it, or is going to help you obtain a job in your preferred concentration after you graduate.
Although it is not required in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables one to carry out more complex tasks. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some valuable information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Granby, MO displayed and you will be on your way to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013