Maybe you’re considering switching occupations, and are looking for a fantastic and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded monetarily, you probably need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Greencastle, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a pretty swift certification program, it is possible to change careers very quickly.
What should you lookout for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Greencastle, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure you try to find a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to know everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to have an understanding of the basics of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nonetheless, understand that not all employers that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting school in Greencastle, PA will offer the opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or practical training. This offers a number of benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, instead of just something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical knowledge in your chosen profession. It is one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, however it is a totally different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Thirdly, having real world experience makes you much more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is what you want to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Greencastle, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
Hardly any occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to know all about the modern dental procedures and to have completed school with good grades. Nearly 75 percent of all men and women in the United States are affected by some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you need the expertise to understand how to manage individuals who are frightened of tooth and periodontal procedures, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is via hands-on training in the classroom, and getting confident enough with the practical experience to relax fearful patients.
As with almost every career, you will be a part of an office team. You will need to learn how to communicate with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program which enables you to work in a team setting will benefit you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very wide ranging field, and the type of work differs significantly from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a small town could be very different from being an employee of a large, corporate dental office in a big city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you happen to be focused on a specific career path, make certain that the you choose offers it, or is able to enable you to secure a job in your preferred concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is not required in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables one to perform more advanced tasks. This certainly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some helpful information and are prepared to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Greencastle, PA displayed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013