If perhaps you’re contemplating changing careers, and are trying to find an excellent and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded financially, maybe you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Greenhills, OH. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a comparatively swift certification program, you can change careers quickly.
What should you lookout for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Greenhills, OH?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you look for a program that offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to be familiar with everything from how to create an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certificate program. This should allow you to understand the basics of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. However, remember not all employers require you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant program in Greenhills, OH should offer an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or laboratory training. This presents multiple advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, instead of just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical knowledge in your chosen career. It can be one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but it is an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray a real person! Thirdly, having real-world experience enables you to be considerably more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is really what you wish to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Greenhills, OH
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting
No occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of about the most recent dental procedures and to have completed your training with perfect grades. As many as 75 percent of all men and women in the US have some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this industry, you need the ability to understand how to handle patients who may be afraid of tooth and gum procedures, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is via hands-on teaching in the classroom, and getting comfortable enough with the practical knowledge to soothe nervous patients.
As with almost every occupation, you are going to be a part of a team. You need to learn how to interact with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to learn in a team environment will benefit you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really extensive field, and the type of tasks differs considerably from one location to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a remote area is very different from being an employee of a large, corporate dental clinic in a major city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you happen to be focused on a specific career path, make sure that the program you finally choose offers it, or is going to enable you to obtain a job in your planned concentration once you graduate.
Although it is unnecessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables one to carry out more complex work. This certainly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some useful information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Greenhills, OH listed and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013