If perhaps you’re contemplating changing occupations, and are in search of an excellent and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, you probably should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Greenwood, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a somewhat quick certification program, you could change careers very quickly.
What should you lookout for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Greenwood, MO?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Be sure to try to find a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to be familiar with everything from how to create a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This should enable you to understand the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Having said that, remember not all employers will require that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant school in Greenwood, MO should provide you with an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or laboratory training. This presents a number of advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, as opposed to something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical experience in your chosen occupation. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, but it is a completely different thing to actually help x-ray a real person! Thirdly, having real-world experience makes you much more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it really is what you wish to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Greenwood, MO
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- RNs, join one of GCU's CCNE-accredited bachelor's, master's or doctoral nursing programs.
- Offering a full spectrum of nursing programs to fit your education needs and career aspirations.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- A holistic, physical, emotional and spiritual approach to patient care is taught in the classroom.
- Curriculum that connects classroom theories to working scenarios through many modalities.
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
No occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to know about the latest dental procedures and to have finished your training with perfect grades. Nearly 75 percent of adults in the United States encounter some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this industry, you must have the skills to be able to deal with people who might be frightened of tooth and gum treatments, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is through hands-on training in the classroom, and feeling confident enough with the practical experience to calm fearful patients.
As in virtually any profession, you are going to be part of a team. It is important to learn how to interact with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program which enables you to learn in a team environment can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully diverse field, and the type of tasks varies greatly from one office to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a remote area is very different from being a dental assistant at a big, corporate dentist office in a major city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you are interested in a specific career path, make certain that the school you finally choose offers it, or is prepared to help you secure a job in your preferred concentration once you complete your training.
Even though it is unnecessary in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies one to perform more complex tasks. This obviously makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some useful information and are prepared to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Greenwood, MO listed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013