Maybe you’re thinking of switching professions, and are searching for a fantastic and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, perhaps you should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Hanley Hills, MO. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a comparatively quick certification program, you could change careers fairly quickly.
What should you consider when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Hanley Hills, MO?
Concentration on Science and Theory
You will want to search for a program which offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to be familiar with everything from how to mix a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to grasp the fundamentals of the occupation, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Having said that, remember that not all employers that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assistant program in Hanley Hills, MO must provide you with a chance to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or laboratory training. This presents a number of benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, instead of just something you want to study. Secondly, you’ll get some practical education in your chosen profession. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, however it is a totally different thing to actually x-ray a real person! Finally, possessing real world experience makes you much more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is really what you wish to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Hanley Hills, MO
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- RNs, join one of GCU's CCNE-accredited bachelor's, master's or doctoral nursing programs.
- Offering a full spectrum of nursing programs to fit your education needs and career aspirations.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- A holistic, physical, emotional and spiritual approach to patient care is taught in the classroom.
- Curriculum that connects classroom theories to working scenarios through many modalities.
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Virtually no occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of about the latest dental procedures and to have completed your training with perfect grades. Approximately 75 percent of men and women in the US experience some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this profession, you will need the expertise to be able to handle people who are frightened of tooth and periodontal procedures, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is through hands-on instructing in the classroom, and becoming comfortable enough with the knowledge to relax frightened patients.
As in nearly every occupation, you are a part of an office team. It is important to learn how to work with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that enables you to work in a team setting will help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very diverse field, and the type of work can vary greatly from one location to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a small town is quite different from being a part of a big, corporate dentist office in a large city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you are thinking about a specific career path, make sure that the you select offers it, or is prepared to enable you to secure a position in your preferred concentration once you graduate.
Although it is not required in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies you to perform more advanced tasks. This naturally makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some helpful information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Hanley Hills, MO listed and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013