If you’re considering changing careers, and are in search of an exciting and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Harrisonville, MO. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a comparatively quick certification program, you can change occupations very quickly.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Harrisonville, MO?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure that you try to find a program which provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to be familiar with everything from how to mix an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you ought to not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This should enable you to understand the essentials of the occupation, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. However, remember not all employers you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assistant school in Harrisonville, MO must offer you an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or practical training. This provides several advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, and not just something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll get some practical experience in your chosen vocation. It can be one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, but an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray a real person! Thirdly, possessing real-world experience enables you to be far more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is truly what you want to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Harrisonville, MO
- A.A.S. Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medical Services B.S.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Virtually no occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of about the modern dental procedures and to have finished school with top grades. As many as 75 per cent of men and women in the US suffer from some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you will need the expertise to be able to manage patients who may be scared of tooth and periodontal treatments, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is via hands-on training in the classroom, and getting secure enough with the practical experience to calm frightened patients.
As with virtually any job, you are part of an office team. It is essential to learn how to work with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program which enables you to learn in a team situation will help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully extensive field, and the nature of the work may differ considerably from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a small town is quite different from being part of a major, corporate dental office in a big city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. In case you are interested in a specific career path, make certain that the school you finally choose offers it, or is prepared to assist you to secure a position in your preferred concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is unnecessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies one to perform more advanced tasks. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some valuable information and are prepared to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Harrisonville, MO listed and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013