If you’re contemplating switching professions, and are looking for an excellent and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Harveys Lake, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a comparatively fast certification program, you can change occupations very quickly.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Harveys Lake, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Be sure to search for a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to be familiar with everything from how to create a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you ought to not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to grasp the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Nonetheless, bear in mind that not all employers you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assistant program in Harveys Lake, PA will offer you an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or laboratory training. This offers several benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, rather than just something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical education in your chosen profession. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, however it is a completely different thing to actually x-ray an actual patient! Thirdly, having real world experience makes you substantially more valuable to employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is truly what you wish to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Harveys Lake, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
Virtually no job is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to understand about the most recent dental procedures and to have finished school with perfect grades. Up to 75 percent of adults in the United States experience some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this field, you should have the skills to understand how to deal with patients who might be afraid of tooth and periodontal treatments, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is via hands-on training in the classroom, and becoming comfortable enough with the practical experience to relax fearful patients.
As with nearly every job, you will be a part of a team. You will need to learn how to interact with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to learn in a team situation will help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very wide ranging field, and the nature of the tasks varies drastically from one office to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a remote area could be very different from being a part of a large, corporate dental office in a big city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. Should you be focused on a specific career path, make sure that the program you select offers it, or is prepared to help you obtain a position in your desired concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is not required in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies one to perform more advanced tasks. This naturally makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some helpful information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Harveys Lake, PA listed and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013